of Cardiff
1904 The company was registered on 16 February, in reconstruction of a company of the same name, and owning a colliery in Aberystruth, Monmouthshire. [1]
1930s The Ebbw Vale Steel, Iron and Coal Co took control of the Powells Tillery Steam Coal Co Ltd. These and other assets were disposed of between 1936 and 1938 partly to Richard Thomas and Co and the rest to Partridge, Jones and John Paton Ltd[2].
1938 Collieries conveyed to Partridge, Jones and John Paton included the Gray, Vivian and Taiywain collieries at Abertillery, the property of the Powells Tillery Co[3].