Scottish Concrete Ship Co
Battery Park, Greenock
1918 The Scottish Concrete Ship Co Limited was incorporated in January 1918 as a private company with a capital of £10,000 It was one of a number of similar ventures started at that time to build lighters and barges in concrete when steel was in short supply. A return to peacetime conditions undermined the rationale behind such businesses and only a handful of vessels were built.
1920 The company resolved to liquidate voluntarily in November 1920
Sources of Information
- The Shipbuilder and Marine Engine-builder, Volume 20
- The Scotsman 12 January 1918
- Edinburgh Gazette 17 December 1920
- National Records of Scotland BT2/9983
- Records of the vessels they constructed are held in the archives of Lloyd's Register of Shipping.