British Industrial History
The Engineer 1903/06/19
From Graces Guide
1903 June 19th PDF
- Chemical Congress, No. 1, p 609.
- Editorial, p 623.
- The Engineer and the Physicist.
- The Propulsion of Warships.
- Engineering Conference Visits, Institution of Civil Engineers, p 610, p 615 and p 619. (Illustrated)
- Ferro-Concrete Piles, p 612.
- First Class Battleship Centurian - Reconstructed, p 622. (Illustrated).
- Friction and Lubrication, p 631.
- HMS Centurion Reconstructed, p 631 - 632.
- Institution of Civil Engineers, Engineering Conference, 1903.J. C. Hawkshaw, President, p 616 - 620, and p 427
- The Design of Permanent Way and Locomotives for High Speed, by J. C. Inglis.
- Assimilation of Railway Practice as regards loads on Bridges up to 200ft. Span, by A. Ross.
- Automatic Signalling by W. J. Cudworth.
- Dredging in New South Wales by, C. W. Darley.
- Dredging with Special Reference to Rotary Cutters, J. H. Apjohn.
- Foreshore Protection and Travel of Beaches, by W. T. Douglas.
- Speeds of Overhead and other Cranes as a Factor in Economic Handling of Material Working, by A. P. Head.
- "Internal Combustion Engines for Driving Dynamos", by H. A. Humphrey.
- Gauges and Standards as Affecting Shop and Manufacturing Administration, by H. J. Marshall.
- "Percussive Coal Cutters" by Sir Thomas Wrightson and John Morison.
- Recent Improvements in Gold Mining Machinery on The Rand, by Arthur E. T. Lees.
- Equalising the Temperature of the Blast for Blast Furnaces, by J. H. Harrison.
- Steam-Driven and Gas-Driven Blowing Engines, by Tom Westgarth.
- Section VII - Alexander Siemens, President.
- Wireless Telegraph, by Edmund A. N. Pochin.
- Institution of Civil Engineers, The Twenty Eighth Annual dinner of the Students, J. C. Hawkshaw, President, p 614.
- Paris Sewage Farms, p 625.
- Refrigerating Plant, p 630.
- Shrewsbury Water Supply, p 611 - p 613. (Illustrated)
- Swedish Iron Ore Mines, p 625.
Sources of Information