British Industrial History
The Engineer 1922/09/08
From Graces Guide
1922 September 08th PDF
- 1500-Volt 50-Cycle Rotary Converters, by Oerlikon, p 252. (Illustrated)
- Automatic Synchronising Gear, p 253. (Illustrated)
- British Patent Specifications, p 259.
- Cold Water Thawing in Placer Mining, p 253.
- Cultivation of Cotton in Australasia, p 240.
- Devonshire Ironworks, Staveley Coal and Iron Co, p 242 and p 246. (Illustrated)
- Editorial, p 247.
- Marine Motor Design.
- 'Simple' Carbon Steels.
- Electrically Operated 15-Ton Testing Machine, by W. and T. Avery, p 253. (Illustrated)
- Electricity Enterprise in Australia, p 244.
- Gennevilliers Electric Power Station, (No. I.), p 242. (Illustrated)
- Iron and Steel Institute, (No. I.), Francis Samuelson, President, p 239.
- The Basis of Modern Blast Furnace Practice, by A. K. Reese.
- Factors Influencing the Grain and bond in Moulding Sands, by C. W. H. Holmes.
- Diminution of Lag at Arl through Diminution, by J. H. Whiteley.
- Nitrogenisation of Iron and Steel by Sodium Nitrate, by L. E. Benson.
- Launches and Trial Trips, p 260.
- Lochgoil, Built by Harland and Wolff.
- British Scout, Built by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson.
- British General, Built by Palmers Shipbuilding and Iron Co.
- Floating Caisson for the Port of London Authority, Built by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson.
- Spirila, Built by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, Engines by Wallsend Slipway and Engineering Co.
- Bilerdyk, Built by Harland and Wolff.
- San Rosendo Built by Armstrong, Whitworth and Co, Engines by the Wallsend Slipway and Engineering Co.
- Letters to the Editor, p 243.
- Locomotive Power, by E. C. Poultney, p 248 - p 250. (Illustrated)
- Meuse Lock on the Meuse-Waal Canal, by Dr. L. R. Wentholt, (No. I.), p 235 - p 238. (Illustrated)
- Motor Ship for Locomotive Transport, p 239.
- Provincial Letters, p 255.
- Seven Day Journal, The Circuit of Britain Air Race, Birmingham and Canal Improvements and other Topics, p 241.
- Two types of Automatic Railway Coupling, p 254. (Illustrated)
Sources of Information