Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,652 pages of information and 213,749 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1822 Thomas and William Tyzac (sic), manufacturers of saws, patent scythes, busks and doctors for calico webs, of South Street, Sheffield (Home: Sharrow Lane)
1828 Additions to the premises were made - warehouses, shop etc. and by 1831 a cast steel furnace with four pots.
1831 Started to rent Whirlow Wheel mills.
1840s Company was producing saws, files, riveted hoes, machine knives, hay knives, chaff knives, ladies steel busks, patent scythes, patent hoes, refined steel and calico webs.
1846 Land bought in Trafalgar Street.
1849 Steel refiners, and saw, calico web, scythe, etc., manufacturers of 230 Rockingham St.
1851 File shop was added to Rockingham Street Site.
1858 William Tyzack (senior) died. Ebenezer, William Jnr. and Joshua carry on the business as co-partners.
1862 Rockingham Street site is sold.
1867 Ebenezer Tyzack died. The Tyzack family members were divided in the business and established three separate firms, all competing in the Sheffield tool trade under the 'Tyzack' name.
1870 William Tyzack Junior took a partner named Benjamin Turner to form W. Tyzack, Sons and Turner. Turner had married William's elder sister Ann so had been a member of the family for many years prior to the partnership.