Whitecross Company of Milner Street, Warrington.
1864 Incorporated as a limited company.
1872 Whitecross Wire Company (see January 1872 advert)
1885 Name changed to Whitecross Company.
1914 Wire manufacturers and galvanizers. Specialities: iron and steel rolled and drawn wires, patent steel wires, barb wire, wire ropes, wire nails, wire netting. Employees 1,500. 
1920 Wire rod rolling mill. 
1935 See Whitecross Co:1935 Review
1937 Supplier of Tru-Lay Ropes
1960 Steel wire ropes. 
1967 Nationalisation of Lancashire Steel which became part of British Steel
1973 British Steel sold its carbon- and mild-steel wire-making activities at Warrington (Rylands and Whitecross) and at Middlesbrough (Dorman Long) into a new company Rylands-Whitecross, jointly owned by Tinsley Wire Industries and British Ropes