The Engineer: History: Difference between revisions
m Ait moved page The Engineer to The Engineer: History without leaving a redirect |
No edit summary |
||
Line 18: | Line 18: | ||
'''See also | '''See also | ||
* [[The Engineer | * [[The Engineer]] | ||
* [[The Engineer (Single Issues)]] | * [[The Engineer (Single Issues)]] | ||
Revision as of 07:33, 26 October 2019







Founded in January 1856 by Edward Charles Healey, an entrepreneur and engineering enthusiast with financial interests in the railways, the journal chronicles and explains the technical developments under-way during Britain's Victorian and Edwardian age of innovation.
It was initially run by the Office for Publication and Advertisements, 163, then 33 Norfolk Street, Strand, WC, and later Essex Street, Strand.
It was a weekly journal, eventually made available globally.
Engravings predominantly by John Swain. The printers were George Reveirs Ltd.
Read about the people behind The Engineer and the history of the publication here
See also