East Suffolk Railway: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
The East Suffolk | The East Suffolk Railway, which had been incorporated on 3 July 1854, took over the powers of the [[Halesworth, Beccles and Haddiscoe Railway]] and the route opened on the 4 December 1854. | ||
It continued north to Haddiscoe on what is now part of the Wherry Lines. | It continued north to Haddiscoe on what is now part of the Wherry Lines. | ||
1859 the East Suffolk Railway finished building a series of lines in Suffolk and south east Norfolk, as far south as Ipswich and north to Great Yarmouth. These were all taken over by the [[Eastern Counties Railway]] on opening day 1 June 1859. The Beccles to Lowestoft branch line was opened in the same year. | |||
1862 Amalgamated with others to form the [[Great Eastern Railway]]. | 1862 Amalgamated with others to form the [[Great Eastern Railway]]. |
Latest revision as of 11:12, 3 March 2021
The East Suffolk Railway, which had been incorporated on 3 July 1854, took over the powers of the Halesworth, Beccles and Haddiscoe Railway and the route opened on the 4 December 1854.
It continued north to Haddiscoe on what is now part of the Wherry Lines.
1859 the East Suffolk Railway finished building a series of lines in Suffolk and south east Norfolk, as far south as Ipswich and north to Great Yarmouth. These were all taken over by the Eastern Counties Railway on opening day 1 June 1859. The Beccles to Lowestoft branch line was opened in the same year.
1862 Amalgamated with others to form the Great Eastern Railway.