Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,675 pages of information and 247,074 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Parkeston Quay: Difference between revisions

From Graces Guide
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
PaulF (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
 
Line 1: Line 1:
1882 Harwich being inadequate for the growing traffic to/from Antwerp, the [[Great Eastern Railway]] built a new quay 3/4 mile from Harwich called Parkeston<ref>The Times July 26, 1882 </ref>
1882 Harwich being inadequate for the growing traffic to/from Antwerp, the [[Great Eastern Railway]] built a new quay 3/4 mile from Harwich called Parkeston<ref>The Times July 26, 1882 </ref>


1883 Construction of [[Parkeston Quay]]: engineer in chief was Mr Mackintire (sic) of Messrs [[Edward Wilson and Co]] and the engineer in charge was Mr [[John Bruce Crawford|J. B. Crawfurd]] (sic).
1883 Construction of [[Parkeston Quay]]: engineer in chief was Mr [[John Stevenson Macintyre|Mackintire]] (sic) of Messrs [[Edward Wilson and Co]] and the engineer in charge was Mr [[John Bruce Crawford|J. B. Crawfurd]] (sic).


1906 [[Great Eastern Railway]] decided to extend the Quay.
1906 [[Great Eastern Railway]] decided to extend the Quay.

Latest revision as of 11:58, 12 February 2023

1882 Harwich being inadequate for the growing traffic to/from Antwerp, the Great Eastern Railway built a new quay 3/4 mile from Harwich called Parkeston[1]

1883 Construction of Parkeston Quay: engineer in chief was Mr Mackintire (sic) of Messrs Edward Wilson and Co and the engineer in charge was Mr J. B. Crawfurd (sic).

1906 Great Eastern Railway decided to extend the Quay.

1907 Completion of the extension, designed by John Wilson, M. Inst. C. E., the chief engineer to the company, using the Hennebique system of ferro-concrete, the details of which were prepared by Mr. L. G. Mouchel.


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Times July 26, 1882