R. Barton Adamson and Co



The Adamson was an English car manufactured in Enfield, Middlesex, from 1912 to 1925. It designed by haulage contractor R. Barton Adamson.
- The first car of 1912 was a small bull-nosed cyclecar and had a 1,078 cc 9 hp twin cylinder or 1,074 cc four cylinder engine made by Alpha of Coventry driving the rear wheels via a three speed gearbox and belts.
- 1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices see the 1917 Red Book
- After the war the engine changed to a four cylinder of 149 cc and in 1920 to 1327 cc. In 1920 they cost £375 falling to £210 in 1924.
- The final cars from 1923 were the "Twin-Cars" which were effectively two sidecars side by side with the driver in the off-side one and powered by an air cooled 9 hp 1078 cc twin-cylinder Anzani engine with chain drive.
- Production numbers are not known.
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] Wikipedia