Reel Fitz Mine
Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria
- Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen engine, instaled in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. [1]. The items are now on display at Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4