January 1948. Front cover.
January 1948. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorials - A Heavy Fuel Plan. Copper. M.I.R.A....1-2
- Exhaust Turbo-charging - Detailed Descriptions of the Saurer System for Transport Diesel Engines... 3-13
- Cast Iron -The Influence of Nickel on Hardness and Machinability - Mond Nickel Co...13
- Diesel Engines - Some Recent Developments in Special Lubricants - J. Dotchin...14
- Air and Oil Filtration - An Investigation of the Effects on the Wear of Engine Components - Moore and Barrett for Vokes...15-20
- Reproducing Drawings on Metal - Brief Description of the Kodak Transfax Process - S. H. Barmasel...20
- Poppet Valves - Uneven Heating Main Cause of Short Service Life - V. C. Young...20
- American Cars - Production figures...39
- Current Patents - A Comprehensive Review of Recent Automobile Specifications...40
Sources of Information