Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,009 pages of information and 229,287 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Standard-Triumph of Canley, Coventry.
Previously Standard Motor Co.
1959 The Standard Motor Co with its subsidary the Triumph Motor Co changed its name to Standard-Triumph International. Manufacturing cars, light commercial vehicles and general engineering. The directors are Lord Tedder Chairman, Alick Dick as MD, K. Aspland, E. Brimelow, M. J. Tustin, H. S. Weale, M. Whitfield and M. A. Woodall 
1960 Standard-Triumph International were taken over by Leyland Motors who paid £20 million.
1961 December. Stanley Markland appointed MD 
1963 Motor Show exhibitor. TR4 models. 
1963 the last Standard was produced.
1968 Triumphs continued when Leyland became British Leyland Motor Corporation (later BL). The Standard brand has been unused in Europe since then and the Triumph or Rover Triumph BL subsidiary used the former Standard engineering and production facilities.
1994 BMW acquired the Standard and Triumph brands following its purchase of BL's successor, Rover Group, in 1994. When most of Rover was sold off in 2000, BMW kept the Standard brand along with Triumph, MINI and Riley.
For a list of cars built by Standard-Triumph under the Triumph name see Triumph Motor Co.