Stanley Mill, Stroud

Stanley Mills, King's Stanley, near Stonehouse, west of Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10
Originally listed as Stanley Mill, Stroud
Mill building and offices are Grade 1 listed. Built 1813, with large addition of c.1825. For Harris and Maclean; later additions for Maclean, Stephens and Company.
The original L-block part has very early fireproof construction (which survived a major fire in 1884). Central arcade of classical cast-iron columns, made by Benjamin Gibbons. Heavy iron doors with self-closing weights are fitted to staircase doorways.[1] The water supply came from the River Frome.
1854 Acquired by Sir Samuel Stephens Marling
Later Marling and Evans
1884 Leonard, Woollright and Co
WWII Part of Ebley Mill was used to house the carding and spinning processes for Marling & Evans factory at Stanley Mill.
1985 At time of survey (October 1985) continued to be used for the manufacture of cloth.