Wholly-owned subsidiary of Tube Investments which brought together Tube Investment's cycle manufacturing in Birmingham.
Formation of TI Raleigh Industries.
- 1981 TI Raleigh faced a Monopolies Commission enquiry because of their refusal to supply discount retailers. In July Ian Phillipps, chief executive of TI Raleigh Industries resigned. Large overstocking by dealers led to drastic cut in manufacturing. Raleigh still had 2000 models in their catalogue. Commission found against Raleigh but allowed it to continue to restrict supplies of Raleigh models but some other brands would be available to discounters.
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Times, 21 August 1956
- ↑ The Times, 10 April 1958
- ↑ The Times, 16 November 1960
- ↑ The Times 23 April 1981
- ↑ The Times, 29 July 1981
- ↑ The Times, 31 July 1981
- ↑ The Times, 17 December 1981