British Industrial History
The Engineer 1897/11/19
From Graces Guide
1897 November 19th PDF
- American Armour Piercing Projectiles, p504.
- British, French and German Armour, p493.
- Chicago Drainage Canal, p492.
- Contracts Open - City and County of Kingston-Upon-Hull Tramways, p505.
- Cycles of Gas and Oil Engines - James D. Roots, (No. XI), the Brayton engine, p490.
- Death, p501.
- Editorial, p501.
- Railway Speeds
- Technical Education
- Practical Thermodynamics
- Blackwall Tunnel
- Electrical Power Development
- Special Steels for Ship and Boiler Construction
- Oil Engines in Lighthouses
- Electric Motor Carriage, p507.
- Grain Silo at Manchester, p497.
- Institution of Civil Engineers, p495.
- Letters to the Editor, p498.
- Lifting Bridge over the Murray River, p497, p500, p506 (Illustrated).
- Preparation of Parliamentary Plans for Railways - Harnett John Fuller, p489.
- Russia and the Turkish Fleet, p490.
- Steamship Lengthening in Germany, p506.
- Strike and Lock Out, p494.
- Bellis and Co
- Kerr, Stuart and Co
- Meldrum Brothers
- J. E. H. Andrew and Co
- Walker Brothers, Pagefield Ironworks, Wigan
- Douglas Forge Co
- William Wilkinson and Co
- Holme House Foundry
- Wood and Gee
- Barley Brook Foundry
- Worsley Mains Ironworks Co
- Messrs Mason
- John Petrie Junior, of River St, Rochdale
- W. Tatham and Co, Vulcan Works, Rochdale
- James Tomlinson, Soho Works, Rochdale
- Holt, Limited
- Leach and Co, Water St
- Cooper Brothers, Rochdale
- J. and J. Clark
- Jefferson Brothers of Bradford
- Head, Wrightson and Co of Teesdale Engineering Works, Thornaby,
- Walker, Eaton and Co.
- Trials of English Locomotives, p491.
- Trials of the Heilmann Electric Locomotive, p505 (Illustrated).
- Trials of Motor Vehicles, p507.
- Velocity and Pressure of the Wind and its Measurement, p496.
Sources of Information