British Industrial History
The Engineer 1857/12/11
From Graces Guide
1857 December 11th PDF
- 1857 Smithfield Club Implement Show, p 434.
- Brick Manufactory near Farnham, p 435 and 436. (Illustrated).
- Chemical, p 444.
- Compressed Peat.
- Production of Steel; Puddled and Cast.
- Preparation of Drying Oil by Manganese and Borate.
- Conversion of Carbonate and Manganese into Binoxide.
- Osmium-Iridian in Russian Gold.
- Editorial, p 441.
- Explosion at Huddersfield, p 444.
- George Power's Improved Scuttle for Ships, p 437.
- Lee Steven's Regulating Air-Door Furnaces, p 433.
- Lemmettais and Bonneiere's Distilling Apparatus, p 40. (Illustrated).
- Letters to the Editor, p 437.
- Society of Arts, p 431.
- Discussion on Mr. Apsley Pellatt's Paper on "The comparative heating properties of coke and coal .....", p.431.
- Discussion on Mr. S. Sidney's Paper on "Progress of the Agricultural Implements Trade", p.432.
Sources of Information