Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

1914 Who's Who in Business: Company I

From Graces Guide
Im1914WWB-p514a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p514b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p515a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p515b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p516a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p516b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p517a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p517b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p518a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p518b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p519a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p519b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p520a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p520b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p521a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p521b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p522a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p522b.jpg
Im1914WWB-p523a.jpg
Im1914WWB-p523b.jpg

Note: This is a sub-section of 1914 Who's Who in Business

IBBERSON (GEORGE) & CO., Cutlers, " Violin Cutlery and Plate Works, Rockingham Street, Sheffield. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Established in the reign of George III. by Joseph Ibberson, late Master Cutler of the Worshipful Company of Cutlers of Hallamshire, commonly known as " the Cutlers Company." Succeeded by George Ibberson (d.) and Joseph William Ibberson. Present Principal: Joseph William Ibberson. One of the oldest firms in the trade. Premises: Well-equipped Factory. Staff: About eighty. Specialities: Fine Cutlery, Pocket Knives, Razors, Table Cutlery and Silver and Electro-plated Goods, &c. Patents " News " Crown Cork Lifter combined with Knife or Corkscrew, Special Nippers for Explosives, Detonators and Fuse Cutters, &c. Corporate Mark: A Violin. Trade Marks: Chas. Hall, Sheffield, and Pipe and Heart; John C. Skinner, Sheffield. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 973 (Central), Sheffield. Telegraphic Address: " Violin, Sheffield." Bankers: *Williams Deacon's Bank, Ltd.

IBBOTSON BROTHERS & CO., Ltd., Manufacturers of Steel, Railway Specialities, &c., Globe Steel Works, Sheffield. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Established in 1809 by William Ibbotson. incorporated ass a Limited Company in 1872. Directors: F. J. Talbot (Chairman), C. J. Walsh (General Manager), S. N. Meggitt, J. W. Trickett, H. C. Richardson, J. H. Chapman. Premises: The Globe Steel Works cover an area of about ten acres, and are equipped with all modern improvements. Staff: About 1,000. Business: The manufacture of Steel, and of Railway Specialities. Patents: Ibbotson's Lock Nuts and Fish Bolts, Spiral Springs, Buffers, Couplings, Air Purifier, &c. Connection: World-wide. Telephone: No. 73 Sheffield. Telegraphic Address: "Ibbotson, Sheffield." Bankers: Williams Deacon's Bank, Ltd. (Sheffield).

IBBOTSON, J. & F., LIMITED, Wholesale Woollen Merchants and Clothing Manufacturers, Park Place and King Street, Leeds. Hours of Business: Usual. Established in 1870 by E. Furnival and J. Ibbotson (Furnival & Ibbotson). In 1890 became J. & F. Ibbotson. Partners: J. Ibbotson and F. Ibbotson. Incor.porated as a Limited Company in 1907. Chairman and Managing Director: J. .Ibbotson. Registered Office: Fitzalan Square, Sheffield. Branches: Cross Street, Newcastle-on-Tyne; Miller Street, Glasgow. Business: General Wholesale Woollen Merchants and Clothing Manufacturers. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephones: No. 496 Leeds; Nos. 17 and 18 Sheffield. Telegraphic Address: " Furnival," Leeds and Sheffield.

ICILMA CO., Ltd., Toilet Specialists, 37 to 39, King's Road, St. Pancras, London, N.W. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Incorporated as a private Limited Company in 1908. Directors: J. Auriol Armitage, M.D. (Chairman), E. Howorth Armitage, Caesar Mendel, L. H. Hartland Swann (Managing Director). Specialities: Icilma Cream, Icilma Wet and Dry Shampoos. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Depots, Sydney, New South Wales; Wellington, New Zealand; Cape Town and Johannesburg, South Africa; Toronto, Canada; Paris, Brussels, Basle, Constantinople, Cairo, Bucarest, Patras, Smyrna, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Osaka (Japan), &c. Telephone: No. 1006 North, London. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Icilinadom, London." Code: A B C (5th Edition). Bankers: Lloyds Bank Limited, Holborn Circus, London, E.C.

ICKRINGILL (IRA) & CO., LIMITED, Mohair and Worsted Spinners, Legrams Mills, Bradford, and Eastwood Mills, Keighley. Hours of Business: Usual. Established in 1869 by Ira Ickringill and James Ickringill. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1888. Directors: James Ickringill (Chairman), Thomas Ickringill, Chas. Slingsby (Secretary), Jerry Ickringill. Premises: In 1896 purchased Legrams Mills, Bradford, formerly owned' and occupied by the late George Hodgson. _ Fully-equipped Mills at Keighley and Bradford. Staff: 1.600 workpeople. Speciality: Mohair and Worsted Spinners in all grades. Telephones: No. 4700 (three lines) Bradford. Telegraphic Address: " Ickringills, Bradford." Code: A B C (5th Edition). Bankers: Bradford District Bank, Ltd. (Bradford).

IDLE (GEORGE), CHAPMAN & CO., Ltd., Wholesale Wine, Spirit, and Liqueur Merchants and Compounders of British Cordials, 65, Lower Thames Street, London, E.C. Bonded Warehouse: 10, Water Lane, E.C. Established: The firm of Idle & Co. was founded in. 1845, that of Chapman & Co. in 1785; and of Williams, Gadsden & Co. in 1837. They were formed into a Limited Company under the present style in 1896; W. H. Garrett (Managing Director), and F. C. Stewart, B. G. Davie, and L. W. Slade (Directors); C. S. Owden, Secy. Connection: All over the world. Telephones: No. 1352 Central. No. 1959 City. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Felicien, London." .

IDRIS & CO., Ltd., Mineral Water Manufacturers, Pratt Street, Camden Town, London, N.W. Established in 1873 by Thomas Howell Williams Idris. Incorporated: April 28th, 1893, as a Limited Company. Directors: Thomas Howell Williams Idris, Edwin Kelsham Bishop, James Bradford, William T. Williams Idris, and Walter H. Williams Idris. Premises: Floor space, about two acres. Staff: 750. The Company hold several patents relating to the industry in which they are engaged. Branches: Liverpool, Southampton, Canterbury, Teddington; City Offices at 61, King William Street, London, E.C. Specialities: Mineral Waters, Ginger Ale, and various Aerated Beverages. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Royal Warrants: Special Appointment to His late Majesty King Edward, and to His Majesty King George. Telephone: No. 522 North (National). Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Idris, London."

ILFORD, Limited, Manufacturers of Ilford Photographic Dry Plates, Papers, and Films, Britannia Works, Roden Street, Ilford, London, E., and Warley Common, Brentwood, Essex. Specialities: " Ilford" Photographic Plates, Papers, and Films, Panchromatic and X-Ray Plates, Self-toning and Tropical Papers. Connection: World-wide. Telephones: No. 14 Ilford; No 67 Brentwood. Telegraphic Addresses: " Plates, Ilford "; " Ilflim, Warleycommon." Code: A B C (4th and 5th Editions).

ILLINGWORTH, E., & CO., Cotton and Wool Waste Importers and Exporters, Reliance Works, Richmond Road, Bradford, Yorks. London Office: 53, Victoria Street, Westminster. S.W. Hours of Business: Works, 6.15 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.; Office, 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Established by Ezra Illingworth and Ralph Illingworth, the present principals. Premises: Cover about 6000 yards. Staff: Forty to fifty. Branch: St. Thomas Works, Paradise Street, Bradford. Business: Importers and Exporters of Cotton and Wool Waste, Manufacture of Axle Box Packings. Connection: Canada, United States, New Zealand, South Africa, South America. Telephones: No. 1338 Bradford; No. 1852 Victoria, London. Telegraphic Addresses: " Illmond, Bradford; " Metaphrase," London." Bankers: Halifax Commercial Banking Co., Ltd., Bradford.

ILLINGWORTH (HENRY) & SONS, Worsted Spinners, Pendleton Mill, Elland. Hours of Business: Usual. Established in 1886 by Henry Illingworth, William Illingworth and Jonathan Illingworth. Present Principal: Jonathan Illingworth. Speciality: Fine Botany Yarns. Telephone: No. 92 Elland. Bankers: West Yorkshire Bank, Ltd.

ILLINGWORTH, INGHAM & CO., Ltd., Timber Importers. Registered Office: 50, Black Bull Street, Leeds. Hours of Business: Offices, 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.; Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mills, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturdays, 6 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Established in 1833 by the late William Illingworth. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1901. Directors: William Illingworth (Chairman), H. Oxley Ingham, Wilfrid L. Illingworth, J. W. Grace, R. Graveley. Premises: In Leeds: Offices, Yards, Moulding, Planing, and Saw Mills. Manchester: Offices and Yards, Moulding and Sawmills, Trafford Park. Goole: Offices, Yards, and Sawmill, Albert Street. Business: Timber and Hardwood Importers, Moulding and Saw Mill . Owners. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephones: No. 70 (four lines) Leeds; -No. 10 Goole; No. 3 (two lines) T. Park. Telegraphic Addresses: " Timber, Leeds "; " Plinth, Trafford Park." Bankers: Lloyds Bank Limited.

ILLINGWORTH, S. & H., Waste and Paper Stock Merchants, Makers of Bags for General Hardware, Quebec Street, Thornton Road, and Monk Street, Richmond Road; " Illingworth Warehouses," Listerhills Road, Bradford. Hours of 2 L 2 Business: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1896 by Seba Illingworth (retired 1904), and Hubert George Illingworth. Present Principals: Hubert George Illingworth and William T. M. Illingworth (since 1904). Staff: About 100. Specialities: Bags for Nails, Nuts, Bolts, Rivets, &c., and Coal Bags. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign and Colonial. Telephone: No. 893 Bradford. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Lion, Bradford." Code: A B C (4th and 5th Edition). Bankers: Halifax Commercial Banking Co., Ltd. (Bradford).

ILLSTON & ROBSON, Machine Screw Manufacturers, Herbert Road, Small • Heath, Birmingham. Hours of Business: Usual. Present Principals: William Alfred Illston and Talbot Robson. Specialities: Machined Parts for Motor and Engineering trades. Connection: United Kingdom. Telephone: No. 180 Victoria, Birmingham. Telegraphic Address: Accurate, Birmingham." Bankers: Metropolitan Bank (of England and Wales), Ltd.

IMPERIA COTTON MANUFACTURING CO., Ltd. (THE), Manufacturers of Sewing Cottons, Thread and Mercerised Yarns, Brown Street Mills, Leicester. Hours of Business: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1909 by Maurice C. L. Freer and A. Nicholson. Incorporated as a Limited Company. Chairman: Maurice C. L. Freer. Managing Director: Andrew Nicholson. Staff: 100 to 120. Specialities: Sewing Cottons in every form, Single and Doubled Yarns in all counts. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 607 Leicester. Telegraphic Address: " Cottons, Leicester." Code: A B C (5th Edition). Bankers: United Counties Bank, Ltd., High Street, Leicester.

IMPERIAL BANK OF PERSIA (THE), 25, Abchurch Lane, London, E.C. Chief Office in Persia: Teheran. Hours of Business: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p in. Incorporated by Royal Charter in 1889. Directors: Sir Thomas Jackson, Bart. (Chairman), W. A. Buchanan, Henry Coke, General Sir T. E. Gordon, K.C.B., K.C.I.E., C.S.I., C. Greenway, V. A. Caesar Hawkins, H. Keswick, M.P. Manager and Secretary: George Newell. Sub-Manager: Sydney Roger. Chief Manager at Teheran: A. 0. Wood. Branches: Ahwaz, Birjand. 13ushire, Hamadan, Isfahan, Kazvin, Kerman, Kermanshah, Meshed, Mohammerah, Nasratabad (Seistan), Resht, Shiraz, Sultanabad, Tabriz, Yezd. Capital: (fully called up) £650,000. Reserve Account: £210,000. Business: All Banking Transactions connected with Persia. Connection: United Kingdom and Persia. Telephone: No. 8898 Central. Telegraphic Address: " Pehlevi, London." Bankers: Glyn, Mills, Currie & Co.

IMPERIAL MILL (BLACKBURN), Ltd., Cotton Spinners, Greenbank, Blackburn. Hours of Business: 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Specialities: 8's to 44's Amer.; e.g. Warps, Beams, Bundles, and Chains. Connection: United Kingdom. Telephones: Nos. 365 and 367 Blackburn. Telegraphic Address: " Imperial Mill, Blackburn." Bankers: London City and Midland Bank, Ltd. (Blackburn).

IMPERIAL OTTOMAN BANK, 26, Throgmorton Street, London, E.C. Hours of Business: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Incorporated by Firman of His Imperial Majesty the Sultan in 1863. Council in Constantinople: Arthur Nias (Director General), R. A. Dollfus (Director General-Adjoint), W. A. Maltass (Director), I. Dupuis and G. Cartali (Sub-Diroctors). General Committee: (London) The Earl of Bessborough, C.V.O., C.B., E. W. H. Barry, Viscount Goschen, Sir John P. Hewett,. G.C.S.I., Lord Hillingdon, Ron. Herbert A. Lawrence, Lord Oranmore and Browne, Sir W. Lawrence Young, Bart.; (Paris) Charles de Cerjat, le Comte Adrion de Germiny, Georges Heine, Arsene Henry, le Baron Hottinguor, Raoul Mallet, Albert Mirabaud, Pyrame Naville, le Baron de Neuflize, Felix 'ernes. Managers: (London) E. W. H. Barry; (Paris) Charles de Cerjat. Offices: Constantinople, London, Manchester, Paris, Alexandria, Cairo, Port Said, and all the principal towns in Turkey. Capital: £10,000,000, of which £5,000,000 is uncalled. Reserve Fund: £1,250,000. The Bank transacts all Banking business. Bankers: Bank of England; Glyn, Mills, Currie & Co.

IMPERIAL PAPER MILLS, Ltd., Printing and News-Paper Makers, Bycliffs, Gravesend, Kent. Registered London Office: 50, Cannon Street, E.C. Hours of Business: Usual. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1910. Speciality: Printing Papers. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telegraphic Addresses: " Impamilo, Gravesend '; " Dispassionate, London."

IMPERIAL PATENT WADDING CO., Ltd., (THE), Wadding and Cotton-Wool Manufacturers, Empire Works, Turner Street, Clayton, Manchester. Warehouse: 14, Chorlton Street, Manchester. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Established about 1850 by the late J. P. Brown Westhead, M.P. Amalgamated with William Flanagan & Son in 1903. Incorporated as a Limited Company. Directors: George Brown Westhead, A. W. White, P. C. Bates, and W. H. Bates; W. H. Flanagan (Managing Director). London Office: 2, St. George's Avenue, Aldermanbury, E.C. Specialities: Wadding and Cotton Wool. Patents Several. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephones: No. 42 Openshaw; No. 1768 Central, Manchester; No. 1404 Central, London. Telegraphic Address " Imp, Manchester." Bankers: Williams Deacon & Co., Ltd., Manchester. The late Mr. J. P. Westhead was a Member of Parliament. Mr. William Flanagan is a Councillor and Justice of the Peace.

IMPERIAL SHOPFITTING CO. (THE), General Shop Fittings Manufacturers. Head Offices and Showrooms: 25, Goswell Road, B.C.; Retail Depot: 340 & 342, Old Street, London, E.C.; and at 11, Upper Ormond Quay, Dublin. Works: Hackney, London, N.E., and Charlotte Street, E.C. Hours of Business: Usual. Principal: William Frederick Charles Michaelis. Agencies: Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg. Specialities: Metal and Wood Shop Fronts, " Imperial " and " Economy " Glass Display Cases for all climates, Oak Window Fittings, Wax Figures, Costume Stands and General Shop Fittings. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 8580 Central, London. Telegraphic and Cable Addresses: " Raconteur, Barb, London." Codes: A B C (4th and 5th Editions), Hamilton's Condenser, Western Union Telegraph, Al Telegraphic, Eastern Telegraph Co., Ltd., Reuter's Telegram Co., Ltd., McNeill's, Lieber's, Private. B ankers: London County and Westminster Bank, Ltd.

IMPERIAL TOBACCO COMPANY (OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND), LIMITED. Office: East Street, Bedminster, Bristol. Hours of Business: Usual. Registered December 10, 1901, to acquire the following businesses of Tobacco Manufacturers:— W. D. & H. O. Wills, Limited, Bristol; Lambert & Butler, Limited, London; Adkin & Sons, London; Hignett's Tobacco Company, Limited, London; Franklyn, Davey & Co., Bristol; Edwards, Ringer & Bigg, Limited, Bristol; John Player & Sons, Limited, Nottingham; Hignett Brothers & Co., Limited, Liverpool; William Clarke & Son, Limited, Liverpool; Richmond Cavendish & Co., Limited, Liverpool; Stephen Mitchell & Son, Glasgow; F. & J. Smith, Glasgow; D. & J. Macdonald, Glasgow. Have since acquired Ogden's, Limited, Liverpool; W. & F. Faulkner, Limited, London; W. A. & A. C. Churchman, Ipswich; W. T. Davies & Sons, Chester; W. Williams & Co., Chester; and Mardon Son & Hall, Limited, Bristol. In 1902 the Export Trade was sold to the British American Tobacco Company, Limited, in which the Imperial Tobacco Company holds a large interest. Directors: G. A. Wills (Chairman), W. N. Mitchell (Deputy-Chairman), R. Adkin, C. R. Butler, E. S. Carlton, W. A. Churchman, C. S. Clarke, W. R. Clarke, R. Dalton, T. R. Davey, S. P. Davies, R. Earle, A. R. Faulkner, W. E. Faulkner, E. H. M. Gunn, H. W. Gunn, Sir E. S. James, J. Macdonald, N. Mitchell, J. D. Player, W. G. Player, W. Rennie, J. Smith, R. H. Walters, W. S. Walters, A. S. Wills, Sir E. C. Wills, Bart., Sir G. A. H. Wills, Bart., H. H. Wills, and W. M. Wills. Secretary: G. A. Falk. Capital authorised £18,000,000. Telephones: Nos. 1471 to 1478 Bristol. Telegraphic Address: " Smokes, Bristol."

IMPERIAL TYPEWRITER COMPANY, LIMITED (THE), Typewriter Manufacturers, North Evington, Leicester. Hours of Business: 7 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. Established in 1902 by J. G. Chattaway and Hidalgo Moya, trading as The Moya Typewriter Company. Succeeded by The Imperial Typewriter Company, Limited, in 1908. Incorporated as a Limited Company in the same year. Directors: W. A. Evans (Chairman), J. G. Chattaway, J. W. Goddard, H. W. Miller. Premises: Factory has an area of about 29,000 sup. ft.; equipped with up-to-date appliances. Staff: Large. Staff Clubs:Social, Magazine. Agencies: All over the world. Business: Manufacture of the " Imperial " Typewriter—one of the best-known and highest-class machines. Patents and Inventions: Several for Typewriters; covered by patent rights in many countries. Telephones: No. 4668 and 4669 Central, Leicester. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Typewriter, Leicester." Codes: A B C (5th Edition); Lieber's; Private. Bankers: London City and Midland Bank, Ltd. (Leicester).

IMPEY (FRANK) & CO., Chartered Accountants, 37, Newhall Street, Birmingham. Hours of Business: 9.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1883 by Frank Impey, joined from 1888 to 1898 by James Findlay. Present Principals: Frank Impey, F.C.A., and Arthur Benton, A .C.A. (joined 1908). Staff: Twelve. Business: Chartered Accountants. Connection: United Kingdom. Telephone: No. 505 Central, Birmingham. Telegraphic Address: " Detect, Birmingham." Bankers: London City & Midland Bank, Ltd. (New Street). Mr. Impey is Hon. Secretary to the Birmingham Hospital Sunday Fund; Hon. Secretary to the Birmingham Conservative Association; Secretary to Birmingham and District Railway and Canal Freighters Association, 1883-1903; Secretary to the Waterways Association, Birmingham Rowton Houses, Ltd., Warwickshire Colliery Owners Association, Birmingham Diocesan Sites and Buildings Fund, &c.

IMPROVED CONSTRUCTION CO., Ltd. (THE), Manufacturers of all classes of Plain and Reinforced Concrete Constructional Materials, Albany Buildings, 47, Victoria Street, S.W. Factory: Stevenage Road, Fulham, London, S.W. Hours of Business: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1906. Directors: James A. Malcolm (Chairman and Managing Director), P. 'B. Jagger (Consulting Engineer), Dr. C. Maynard Owen, LL.D., W. G. Blakiston. Secretary: W. P. Lavender. Premises: Factory covers over ten acres on the Thames. Agencies: All over the world. Specialities: Ordinary and High Pressure Pipes, Telegraph Poles, Railway Sleepers, Culverts, Beams, Stanchion Building Blocks, Harbour Blocks, &c. Patents: Jagger Process. Award: Highest, Turin Exhibition, 1911. Telephone No. 2531 Victoria, London; Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Jarringly, London." Bankers: National Bank of Scotland; Anglo-Russian Bank; Russian Commercial and Industrial Bank; Nagelmackers, fils et Cie, Brussels.

IMRAY, LAURIE, NORIE & WILSON, Ltd., Nautical Publishers, 156, Minories, London, E. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Established in the eighteenth century. Present firm an amalgamation of three firms. Incorporated as a Private Limited Company in 1904. Directors: Charles Wilson, William Wilson, James C. Imray, Herbert P. Imray, 'William R. Kettle. Specialities: Publishers of Charts and Works on Navigation and Yachting. Manufacture of Nautical Instruments and Optical Goods. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colo nial. World-wide reputation. Telephone: No. 10672 (P.O.) Central. Telegraphic Address: " Norie-Wilson, London."

INDIA RUBBER, GUTTA PERCHA & TELEGRAPH WORKS CO., Ltd. (THE). Head Office: 106, Cannon Street, London, E.C. Works: Silvertown, Essex, and Persan (Seine-et-Oise), France. Hours; of Business: (Head Office) 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Incorporated in 1864, when the Company was founded by the late S. W. Silver (formerly of S. W. Silver and Co., Cornhill), from whom Silvertown takes its name. Managing Director: Robert Kaye Gray. Directors: Major Leonard Darwin (Chairman), Lieut.-Col. A. Weston Jarvis, Chas. H. Moore. Extraordinary Directors and Joint Managers: C. H. Gray and W. E. Gray. The Company's works at Silvertown have a ground area of sixteen and a half acres, and a river frontage of 860 feet. They give employment to about 4000 hands. Branches in the principal towns in the United Kingdom, also in Australia and New Zealand, at Calcutta, Durban, and Buenos Aires; and an office at Paris. Specialities: All India Rubber and Gutta Percha Goods, and all kinds of Electrical Machinery, Batteries, and Instruments. The Company are Specialists in Telegraphic and Cable work, and have three fully-equipped cable ships of the most modern type. Connection: World-wide. Telephone: No. 744 Bank. Telegraphic Addresses: (Head Office and Branches) " Silvergray " (followed by name of town); (Works) " Graysilver, London."

INDO EUROPEAN TELEGRAPH CO., Ltd. (THE), General Offices and Central Telegraph Station, 18, Old Broad Street, London, E.C. Hours of Business: Central Telegraph Station always open. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1868. Managing Director: T. W. Stratford Andrews. Length of Line: 4,000 miles, giving telegraphic communication between the United Kingdom and India and the Far East, Russia, Persia, and Turkey in Europe and Asia. Branches: London, 6 and 8, Lime Street Square, E.C.; 10 and 11, Mincing Lane, E.C.; Liverpool, African House, 6, Water Street; Manchester, Duchy Chambers. Telephones: No. 1721 London Wall (General Offices) No. 6365 London Wall (Central Station). Telegraphic Address: " Indo, London."

INFORMATION BUREAU, Ltd. (THE), Financial and General Journalists, Export Searchers of Statutory Records, Specialists in Company Information, Somerset, Houso representatives of the principal Financial, Trade and General Newspapers in London and Provinces, 140, Strand, London, W.C. Hours of Business: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.; Saturdays, close at 1.30 p.m. Established about 1890 by Percy G. Gilder, now editor of " Agricultural Gazette," published by Department of Agriculture, New South Wales. Amalgamated with the Joint Stock Companies' Information Bureau, Ltd., in 1898. Incorporated as a private Limited Company in the same year. Manager: G. W. Daines, who has held that position since Founder went to Australia, fifteen years ago. Premises: Suite of Offices. Staff: Clerical at London Office and Correspondents at the Edinburgh and Dublin Registries, &c. Business: Supply of Financial Information, including Particulars of New Companies and Company Mortgages and Charges registered in the United Kingdom and Articles on Company matters, to the Press chiefly. Also act as Agents for converting businesses into private Limited Companies, and other Commissions of a very varied nature are undertaken for Press or Public. In 1910 published a 300 page book entitled, " The Advertisement Canvassers' Manual and Advertising Agents' Guide," issued at. three shillings and sixpence. Connection: English Newspapers chiefly. Clients all over the world. Telephone: No. 6708 Central, London. Bankers: London and South Western Bank, Ltd. (Strand, W.C. ).

INGERSOLL (ROBERT H.) & BROTHER, Manufacturers of Ingersoll and Ingersoll Trenton Watches. Head Office: New York City. Factories: Waterbury, Connecticut, and Trenton, New Jersey. London Office: Audrey House, Ely Place, London, E.C. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established about 1880 by Robert H. Ingersoll and Charles H. Ingersoll, the present principals. Staff: About 3725. Branches: Chicago, San Francisco, Montreal, Mexico City, Sydney, Stockholm, Christiania, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Berlin. Inventions: Rubber Type and Rubber Stamps, Pocket Timekeeper. Patents: Many connected with watches. Awards: Many at Paris, Chicago, St. Louis, &c. Connection: World-wide, entirely controlled from London Office, except trade in North and South America. Telephones: Nos. 6527 and 6528 Holborn, London. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Ingeratch, London." Codes: A B C (5th Edition), Lieber's. Bankers: Union of London and Smiths Bank, Ltd.

INGERSOLL-RAND CO. (Incorporated in U.S.A.), Rock Drills, Air Compressors, Pneumatic Tools, &c., Manufacturers. London Office: 165, Queen Victoria Street, E.C., and New York. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1871. President: W. L. Saunders. Vice-President: George Doubleday. Pioneers and leading Manufacturers of Rock Drills and Air Compressors. Premises: Extensive, four large plants. Branches: In Paris, Dusseldorf, Vienna, Budapest, Rio de Janeiro, Johannesburg, Melbourne, &c. Specialities: Rock Drills of all kinds, Air Compressors of all types and Sizes, Pneumatic Tools, Coal Cutters, Stone Channellors, Cameron Pumps, &c., Mining, Tunnelling and Quarrying Plants, Air Haulage Plants, Drill Sharpeners, &c. Patents: Numerous. Awards: Grand Prix, Brussels, Paris, Turin, Roubaix, St. Louis, Chicago, Buenos Aires, &c. Connection: World-wide. Telephone: No. 3852 City (three lines). Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Ingersoll, London." Codes: Ingersoll Rand, Ingersoll Sergeant, Bentley's, A B C (4th and 5th Editions), Western Union and Lieber.

INGLE (HENRY) & SONS, Leather Factors and Importers, Lady Lane, Leeds. Hours of Business: 8 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. Established in 1840. Continued by (1) William Ingle; (2) Ingle & Law; (3) H. Ingle & Sons. Present Principal: F. H. Ingle. Branches: Bristol, Queen Charlotte Street; Leicester, Northampton. Street. Specialities: English and American Sole and Upper Leathers. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: Nos. 4240 and 4241 Leeds. Telegraphic Address: " Ingot, Leeds." Codes: Widebrook, A B C. Bankers: Lloyds Bank Limited.

INGLE, W. L., LIMITED, Tanners and Manufacturers of Leather for Boot Uppers and Leggings, Millshaw Leather Works, Churwell, Leeds. Hours of Business 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.; Saturdays, 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Established in 1849 by William Ingle. Incorporated as a Private Limited Company, 1905. Directors . W. L. Ingle (Governing Director), H. F. Ingle, L. A. Ingle (Acting Directors), Robert Crossfield (Ordinary Director). Premises: Extend over an area of six acres. Stag: About 450. Branch at Mombassa, B.E.A. (Manager, A. E. Garland). Specialities: Boot Upper Leathers from Light Ox Hides and Kips, in Chrome and Vegetable Tannages, &c.; also the manufacture of Enamelled and Japanned Leathers for Leggings and Belts. Connection: United Kingdom, Continental, Colonial. Agencies: Brussels, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Turin. Telephones: Nos. 260 and 261 Morley, Leeds. Telegraphic Address: " Curriers, Bees ton. Leeds." Bankers: London City and Midland Bank, Ltd. (North Street, Leeds). Mr. W. L. Ingle is Alderman for the Borough of Morley and Mayor for 1911-13.

INGLEBY & CO., Manufacturers, 57, Well Street, Bradford; and 115, Fore Street, London, E.C. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1889 by Robert Harker Ingleby. Present Principals: Robert Harker Ingleby, William Ingleby and Edward Ingleby. Specialities: Dress Goods, Showerproofs, Tropicals. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign and Colonial. Telephone: No. 1284 Bradford. Telegraphic Address: " Ingleby, Bradford." Bankers Bradford District Banking Co., Ltd.

INGLIS, A. & J., LIMITED, Shipbuilders and Engineers, Pointhouse Ship Yard and Whitehall Engine Works, 64, Warroch Street, Glasgow. flours of Business: 6 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Established in 1847 by Anthony Inglis (d.) and John Inglis (d.). Continued by John Inglis, LL.D. (son of Anthony Inglis), and his son James Denny Inglis, B.Sc., and George Alexander Inglis, B.Sc., and Patrick Macnab Inglis (son of John Inglis). Incorporated as a Private Limited Company in 1905. Directors: John Inglis, LL.D. (Chairman), James Denny Inglis, B.Sc., George Alexander Inglis, B. Sc., Patrick Macnab Inglis. Premises: Very extensive, cover about seventeen acres. Staff: 1,500. Business: Builders of High-class Passenger and Cargo Steamers. Specialise in fast Paddle Steamers, Steam and Sailing Yachts. Builders of the Royal Yacht " Alexandra " for the late King Edward. Claim that it was the only vessel of the kind ever built in a private establishment. Connection: World-wide. Telephones: No. 988 Argyle; No. 1328 Glasgow. Telegraphic Address: " Inglis, Glasgow." Bankers: National Bank of Scotland, Ltd.

INGRAM & MORTIMER, Produce Brokers. Office: 20, Adelphi; Warehouse, 60, Shiprow, Aberdeen; and 54, Gellatly Street, Dundee. Hours of Business: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1880 by John Mortimer and Alexander Manson Ingram. Present Principal: John Mortimer. Premises: Wall and Foundations are very ancient, and have been traced back to the days of monasteries, particulars of which can be found in certain books in Aberdeen. Staff: Fifteen. Specialities Sugar, Cheese, Hams and Bacon, Fruit, Butter and Starch. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephones: No. 95 Aberdeen; No. 1599 Dundee. Telegraphic Address: " Ingradelph." Aberdeen and Dundee. Code: A B C (4th and 5th Editions). Bankers: Union Bank of Scotland, Ltd. Mr. John Mortimer is a Justice of the Peace and has been a member of the Harbour Board for fifteen years.

INGRAM & ROYLE, Ltd., Importers and Exporters of all Natural Mineral Waters, Salts and Pastilles, Bangor Wharf, 45, Belvedere Road, London, S.E. Hours of Business: Usual. Established in 1861 by C. T. Ingram, joined by H. W. Royle in 1877. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1895. Directors: H. J. Infield (Chair. man), J. Bradford, E. A. Wallis, J. S. Lee, G. E. Cockman and H. Ingram Royle (the two latter joint Managing Directors). Staff: Seventy-five to 100. Branches: Liverpool and Bristol. Business: Import and Export all Natural Mineral Waters, Salts and Pastilles. Are Agents for the State springs of Vichy, Carlsbad, and many others. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephones: No. 4343 (two lines) Hop, London; No.1113 Bristol; No. 4528 Bank, Liverpool. Telegraphic Addresses: " Ingram, Royle, London "; " Sprudel, Bristol "; " Celestins, Liverpool." Bankers: London City and Midland Bank, Ltd., Ludgate Hill, London.

INGRAM & WARD, Wool, Waste and Noil Merchants, Bradford Road, Dewsbury. Hours of Business: 7.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1832 by Thomas Ingram. Continued by (1) John Ingram and Seth Ward; (2) John B. Ingram, Edward Ingram and George E. Ward. Present Principals: John B. Ingram and Edward Ingram. Business: Dealers in English, Welsh, East India, Egyptian Wools, and all classes of Noils, Waste, &c. Telephone: (Works) No. 46 Dewsbury. Telegraphic Address: " Ingramard, Dewsbury." Bankers: London City and Midland Bank, Ltd.

INNES, G. H., & CO., Manufacturers of Agricultural Specialities, Station Iron Works, Hitchin, Herts. Hours of Business: Workshops, fifty-four hours per week; Offices, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Established about 1845 by Thomas Perkins in the Market Place, Hitchin. Continued by (1) Perkins, Paternoster and Burlingham, 1872; (2) Burlingham, Innes & Paternoster, 1883 to 1895. Present Principal: George H. Innes, assisted by A. Montague Innes and B. Chapman Innes (sons). Premises: Removed from Market Place to the present works in 1900. They cover about two acres, situated within 100 yards of th© Great Northern Station. Staff: Office, eight; Workmen, sixty to seventy. Specialities: Power Chaff Cutters and Forage Preparing Plant, Hay, Corn and Straw Elevators, Corn and Seed Screens, Sack Lifters, Combined Machine as Lifter, Loader and Shooter, Harrows, Land Pressers and Field Rolls, Steam Power Chaff and Ensilage Cutters. Patents: Numerous by the old and present firm. Dust Extractor, No. 2148 (1912), Safety Feeder (1884). Awards: Silver Medal, Royal Agricultural Society; also many County Medals, Gold Medals, Royal French Society and Royal Russian Society. Connection: Home, Foreign, Colonial and India. Contractors to H.M. Government (India Office). Telephone: No. 52 Hitchin. Telegraphic Address: " Innes, Hitchin."

INNES, SMITH & CO., Ltd., Wine Merchants, 83, High Street, Birmingham. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1868 by John Innes. Continued by Edgar A. Innes. Incorporated as a Limited Company. Managing Director and Chairman: Edgar A. Innes. Specialities: Brandy Delaroche, Whisky, Glen Aldie (Scotch), Inish Isla (Irish), Champagnes, Jules Delporte and Jean de Lisle. Connection: United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, India, China, Japan, North and South America, Africa and United States. Telephone: No. 866 Central, Birmingham. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Vitesse, Birmingham." Code: Private. Bankers: Lloyds Bank Limited (New Street). Mr. Edgar A. Innes is Commanding Officer of the 8th Batt. Royal Warwickshire Regiment, T. F.; also Hon. Secretary of the National Service League, Birmingham Branch.

INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL AGENCY, Ltd. (THE), Importers of Pearls and Precious Stones, Indian Drugs, Oils, &c., Exporters of Gold Thread, Imitation Pearls and Jewellery, Chemicals, Drugs, Bottles, Packing Materials, Paper, Machinery, Mill Requirements, &c., 12, Patel Street, Fort, Bombay. London Office: 39, Mincing Lane, London, E.C. Hours of Business: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1908 by K. 13. iVlavlankar, B.A. Trading as The Anglo-Indian Chemical Agency. Incorporated in Bombay as a Limited Company in 1910. Directors: Ghelabhai Jugjiwandas (Chairman), Maganbhai Partapchand Zaverie, Prabhaker Govind Vaidya, Ratanlal Motiram Mody, B.A., LL.B., Maneklal Chunilal Shroff, B.A., R. G. Munsif, B.A., LL.B., Bar.-at-Law (exofficio). Staff: Eight. Agency: Munsif & Co., Bombay. Business: Import PearlS and Precious Stones, Indian Drugs and Oils, &c. Export Gold Thread, Imitation Pearls and Jewellery, Chemicals, Drugs, Bottles, Packing Materials, Paper, Machinery, Mill Requirements, &c. Convection United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 5938 Avenue, London. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Ekdum, London." Code: A B C (5th Edition). Bankers: The National Bank of India, Ltd.

INTERNATIONAL SPONGE IMPORTERS, Ltd.—See MARKS (HENRY) & SONS.

INTERNATIONAL TIME RECORDING CO., 151, 153, and 155, City Road, London, E.C. Hours of Business: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in 1890. Claim to be the builders of the first automatic time recording machines. Staff: 1700. Agencies: Throughout all civilized countries. Specialities: Bundy International and Rochester Time Recorders. Connection: Worldwide. Telephone: No. 2365 London Wall. Telegraphic Address: " Timefactors, London." Code: Lieber's.

INVERESK PAPER CO., Ltd., Papermakers, Inveresk Mills, Musselburgh, N.B. Hours of Business: Office, 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Incorporated as a Company in 1887. Resident Directors: R. C. Menzies; Managing Director, C. M. Cowan. Premises: Extensive, covering an area of twelvo acres. Staff Clubs: Reading Rooms and Bowling Club, fully equipped. ' Specialities: Fine Writing, Printing, and Art Papers. Telephone: No. M2 Musselburgh. Telegraphic Address: " Inveresk, Musselburgh." Bankers: Royal Bank of Scotland, Musselburgh. Mr. R. C. Menzies is Chairman of the Parish Council and a member of the School Board. Mr. C. M. Cowan is a member of the Parish Council.

IRELAND BROS., Limited, Household Linen and Damask Manufacturers, 17 to 27, Adelaide Street, Belfast. Hours of Business: Usual. Established in 1850 by Thomas H. Magee. Partnership Successions: (1) Magee, Brown & Liddell; (2) Thomas H. Magee & Co.; (3) Ireland Brothers & Co., 1890. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1901. Directors: James Ireland, A. L. Ireland, Robert Ireland (Managing Directors), Sir Frank Hollins, Bart. (Chairman), R. B. Ireland, and Maurice Ireland. Branches: London, 4, Russia Row, Milk Street; New York, 12, White Street. Specialities: Household Linen and Damask Woven into Damask Cloths and Serviettes. Their Trade Mark, " Fleur-de-Lis," is well known. Award: Grand Prize (Highest obtainable), Franco-British Exhibition, 1908. Telephone: No. 6165 Bank. Telegraphic Address: " Irlandais," London, Belfast, New York.

IRISH LACE DEPOT, Ltd. (THE), Manufacturers of Irish Hand-made Lace and Crochet (employing own Photographers and Laundry Workers), 34, Molesworth Street, Dublin. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Established in 1847 by the late Ben Lindsey at 76, Grafton Street. Business carried on by founder till 1893; from 1893 to 1897, Lady Aberdeen, principal. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1897. Directors: Rt. Hon. Fredk. S. Wrench, P.C., James Talbot Power, D.L., Richard A. Atl. ins, J.P., Rev. Prof. Father T. A. Finlay, S.J., W. J. D. Walker, John Ed. Fottrell, and Robert M. Martin (Managing Director). Present Company was founded by Her Excellency the Countess of Aberdeen, wife of the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland. Staff: Including assistants and workers in the country, about 5,000. Salerooms: London, 9 and 10, Pollen Street, Maddox Street, W.; Paris, 7, Rue do Mulhouse; also at Vienna, Berlin, and Brussels. Representatives periodically visit United States and Canada. Speciality: Original Designs in Irish Lace and Embroidery for special orders. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 750 Dublin. Telegraphic Address: " Lacedepot, Dublin." Bankers: Hibernian Bank, Ltd. (College Green).

IRONMONGER & CO., Foreign Bankers, 31, Throgmorton. Street, London, E.C. Flours of Business: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Established in 1864 by Frank Ironmonger. Present Principals: Frank Ironmonger and Edward Sondheim. Business: Dealing in Coupons and Foreign Bonds, Drafts issued on all parts of the world. Telephone: No. 6886 Central, London. Telegraphic Address: " Coccus, London." Code: Lieber's.

IRVIN & SELLERS, Bobbin and Shuttle Manufacturers, Preston, and Hardwood Merchants, Forge Street, Derby Road, Bootle, Liverpool. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Established in 1799 by John Irvin. Present Principal: William B. Irvin, John Irvin (sen.) and David Irvin (son) covered the whole century's (1800 to 1900) work of the firm. Staff: Liverpool, forty; Preston, 500. Branches: London, Belfast, Birmingham, Preston, New York. Business: Manufacture of Bobbins and Shuttles at Preston; Lignum, Boxwood and Hardwood Merchants at Liverpool. Patents: Several. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephones: No. 1100 Bootle (three lines), Liverpool; No. 20 Preston; No. 3930 Avenue, London; No. 1129 Belfast. Telegraphic Addresses: " Primus," Liverpool and Preston; " Persimmon, London "; " Satinwood, Belfast." Codes: A B C (4th and 5th Editions); Universal, Lumber Hardwood.

IRVING, W. G., & CO., Jute, &c., 28, Cowgate, Dundee. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Established in. 1876 by W.. G. Irving, the present principal. Specialities: Jute, Linen and Textiles generally. Connection: United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Canada, India, &c. Telephone: No. 218 Dundee. Telegraphic Address: " Iodine, Dundee." Bankers: Clydesdale Bank, Ltd., and Martin's Bank, Ltd., London. Clubs: Eastern (Social), Dalhousie (Golf), Dundee Angling, S. & T. Whist (established 1763).

IRWELL & EASTERN RUBBER CO., Ltd., India Rubber. Manufacturers, Mill Street, Ordsall Lane, Salford. Hours of Business: Usual. Business: Manufacture of India Rubber Goods of every description; also manufacture of Lanco Balata Belting. Connection: World-wide. Telephones: Nos. 7923, 7924, and 7925 Salford. Telegraphic and Cable Address: " Para, Manchester."

ISAAC, B. RICHARD, Fire Engineer and Expert Assessor of Fire Claims, Brassfounder, &c., 45 and 48, South John Street, Liverpool. Hours of Business: 9 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. Established in 1877 by B. Richard Isaac, present principal. Premises: Office and Showroom at 45, South John Street; Warehouse, at 48, South John Street. Stag: Eight. Branch: 46, Gresham Street, London, E.C. Specialities: Fire Extinguishing and Life Saving Appliances of every description. Numerous awards for Fire Appliances. Telephone: No. 3657 Bank, Liverpool. Telegraphic Address: " Universal, Liverpool." Bankers: Lancashire and York shire Bank, Ltd. (South John Street).

ISAAC & SAMUEL, Textiles for Export, 44, Sackville Street, Manchester, and 22, Great Winchester Street, London, E.O. Hours of Business: Usual. Speciality: Textiles for Export to Central and South America, India, China, Straits, Java and Japan. Telephone No. 5937 Central, Manchester. Telegraphic Address: " Isacsam, Manchester." Code: A B C (4th and 5th Editions) and Private. Bankers: Williams Deacon's and Manchester and Salford Bank, Ltd., &c.

ISLAND SPINNING CO., Ltd. (THE), Flax Spinners, Linen, Linen Thread and Shoe Thread Manufacturers, Island Mills, Lisburn, Ireland. London Office: 7, Philip Lane, E.C. Established in 1867. Incorporated as a Limited Company. Directors: George H. Clarke, J.P. (Chairman and Managing Director), J. Theodore Richardson, D.L., J.P., George F. Richardson, E. S. Clarke. Branches: Manchester, 4, Aytoun Street; Birmingham, 14, New Meeting Street; Montreal, 517 to 525, St. Paul's Street. Business: Flax Spinning, Linen, Linen Thread and Shoe Thread Manufacture. Telephone: No. 26 Lisburn. Telegraphic Address: " Island, Lisburn."

ISLES, Ltd., Electric and Steam and Hand-power Cranes of every description, suitable for Docks, Shipbuilders, Contractors, Quarries, &c., Prospect Works, Stanningley, near Leeds. Hours of Business: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturdays, 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Established in 1869 by Job Isles. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1893. Chairman: Job Isles. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 45 Stanningley, Leeds. Telegraphic Address: " Isles, Stanningley." Code: A B C (5th Edition). Bankers: London City and Midland Bank, Ltd. (Stanningley).

IVERSEN, R. J., & CO., Timber Agents and Importers, 38, Leadenhall *Street, London, E.C. Hours of Business: Usual. Established in 1908 by Robert J. Iversen, the Present Principal. Specialities: Pitch Pine Lumber and Logs, " * H.F. * " and " Hugo Forchheimer," and " LongBell " Brands, American Hardwood Lumber, " R.J.I." and " Star in a Circle " Brands, and Swedish and Russian Sawn Woods. Are agents for Hugo Forchheimer, New Orleans, Gulfport, Port Arthur, Pensacola., U.S.A., and Frankfurt a/Main, Germany, and for The Long-Bell Lumber Co., Kansas City, and Beaumont, United States, and Hamburg, Germany. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 2791 Avenue, London. Telegraphic Address: " Iversen, Led, London." Cable Address: " Iversen, London." Codes: Wood (supplement and addendum) New Zebra, Zebra (3rd Edition), Universal Lumber, Western Union, A B C (4th and 5th Editions), Okay. Bankers: National Bank of South Africa, Ltd., Circus Place, London Wall, London, E.C., Mr. R. J. Iversen is a member of the Timber Trade Federation of the United Kingdom and of the Junior Constitutional Club, Piccadilly, W.

IVISON (R. C.) & CO., Sherry Shippers, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain, and 6, Trinity Square, London, E.C. Established in 1860. Speciality: The Shipment of Sherry from Spain. Connection: United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Colonial and Foreign markets. Telephone: No. 4400 Central. Telegraphic Addresses: " isonvi, Jerez de la Frontera "; " Isonzo, Lon. don."

IZONS & CO., LIMITED, Hollow-ware Manufacturers and Ironfounders, Albion Works, West Bromwich. Hours of Business: 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Established in 1780 by John Izon. Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1904. Directors: J. H. Chesshire (Chairman and Managing Director), J. Izon Chesshire (Managing Director); Dr. A. E. Chesshire, J. W. Barratt, H. R. Chesshire. Original Manufacturers and Patentees of Tinned Cast Iron Hollow-ware. Premises: The Albion Works cover about four acres. Stall: About 450. Specialities: Hollow-ware and Rice Bowl Manufacturers and General Ironfounders. Connection: United Kingdom, Foreign, Colonial. Telephone: No. 143 West Bromwich. Telegraphic Address: " Izons, West Bromwich." Bankers: Bank of England, Birmingham; United Counties Bank, Ltd., West Bromwich.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information