August 1948. Front cover.
August 1948. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorials - Body Styling. Material Handling...281-282
- A Tilling-Stevens Chassis - A Single-deck Passenger Model Embodying Many Standard Proprietary Units...283-289
- Low-Alloy Steels. By F. J. Erroll - New American Materials Developed for Vehicle Construction... 289-290
- Machine Tools at Olympia - A Review of the Forthcoming Machine Tool Trades Association Exhibition Alfred Herbert, John Holroyd and Co, Charles Taylor (Birmingham), Central Tool and Equipment Co, Sentinel (Shrewsbury), Buck and Hickman, Taylor, Taylor and Hobson, Coventry Gauge and Tool Co, Newall Engineering Co, Cincinnati Milling Machines, Adcock and Shipley, Abwood Tool and Engineering Co, Modern Machine Tools, Rockwell Machine Tool Co, Midgley and Sutcliffe, John Lund, Charles Churchill and Co, Kendall and Gent, Adam Machine Tool Co, Pultra, W. E. Sykes, Catmur Machine Tool Corporation, Gaston E. Marbaix, E. H. Jones (Machine Tools), Webster and Bennett, Vickers-Armstrongs... 291-304
- Gas Turbines. By R. H. H. Barr - A Consideration of the Prospects in Road Transport - Centrax...305-310
- Bolt Tension -A Method of Predicting the Clamping Force by Tightening the Nut - G. A. Maney...310
- Core Baking - An Interesting American Development in Foundry Practice - Induction Heating Corporation...314
- Fuel Injection - A New Single-Plunger Pump for Small Oil Engines - American Bosch Corporation...315-317
- Recent Publications - Brief Reviews of Current Technical Books...320
- The Schmid Engine - A Design Based on the Employment of a Light Split Sleeve - E. Schmid...319-320
- Current Patents - A Comprehensive Review of Recent Automobile Specifications...321-322
Sources of Information