27th November 1957. Front cover.
27th November 1957. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- 467. Editorial - Thoughts on the Show
London Show Review
- 468. Engines. The trend towards higher compression ratios is less marked this year. Rationalization of design continues - BMC, Ford, Rootes, Standard, Vauxhall, Rolls-Royce]], Bentley, Jaguar, Alvis, Aston-Martin, Frazer-Nash, Bristol, Lotus, Morgan, Fairthorpe, Henry Meadows, Glacier Metal Co, Specialloid
- 475. Carburation and Induction - Short downdraught carburettors increasing in popularity, and a trend towards separate, instead of siamesed, ports - Solex, Amal, Zenith, S. U. Carburetter Co
- 484. Transmissions - Automatic and semi-automatic systems being developed for application to the medium and smaller size saloon cars respectively - Smiths Motor Accessories, Borg-Warner
- 494. Electrical Equipment - Detail improvements and some new applications - Scintilla, Siba Electric, Siemens Edison Swan, Exide, Ceag, Marchal Distributors, Notek Electric Co, Joseph Lucas, James Neale and Sons, AC-Delco, Trico-Folberth, KLG Sparking Plugs
Sources of Information