British Industrial History
The Engineer 1926/09/10
From Graces Guide
1926 September 10th PDF
Contents, p 279
- A Seven-Day Journal, p 265
- Unemployment Grants
- A Huge Suspension Bridge
- Industrial Casualities
- Motor Fuel Progress
- An Industrial Conditions Delegation
- Smoke Abatement
- Foreign Naval Contracts
- The Coal Dispute
- Germany's Industrial Position
- The Motor Ship Wulsty Castle
- British Patents, p 293 - p 294 (Illustrated)
- Corso Carbonara (Italy) - Regulation of Fuel Supply to Multi-cylinder Engines.
- BTH and A. A. Pollock - Improvements in and relating to Dynamo-electric Machines.
- BTH and H. Dreghorn - Improvements in and relating to Dynamo-electric Machines.
- BTH and H. W. H. Warren - Improvements in and relating to electric batteries.
- Lucien Levy (France) - Improvements in or relating to Directive Aerials.
- Callenders Cable and Construction Co and Alfred Edgar Wilson - Improvements in Jointing Sleeves or Ferrules for Electric Cables.
- J. Gell - Lathe Tools.
- A. Brebner - Non-dazzle Headlights.
- G. de Bethune (Belguim) - Rotary Furnaces.
- H. Hitchon - Separating Oil from Water.
- F. W. Le Tall - Improvements in or relating to Protective Devices for High-frequency Electric Signalling Systems and the like.
- Comparison of Static and Dynamic Tensile and Notched-Bar Tests, p 275 - p 276 (Illustrated)
- Energy for the Breaking of a Test Piece
- Relation between the Statical and Dynamical Tests
- Repeated Impact Test
- Editorial, p 279 - p 280
- The Shenandoah Disaster
- French Naval Progress
- French Engineering Notes, p 293
- Advancing Wages
- Tunnelling the Vosges
- The Rhine-Rhone Canal
- Sailing Ships
- Stainless Steel Patents
- Iron and Steel Institute, (No. II), p 269 - p 270
- Modern Metallurgy and Ancient Industries, p 287 - p 288
- Motor-Driven Gap-Bed Lathe, p 286 - p 287 (Illustrated)
- Letters to the Editor, p 285
- 'A New Steam Chart' by Edmund Basil Wedmore
- 'Railway Standardisation and Grouping'
- 'Failure of a Concrete Road' by W. Muirhead
- 'The Candy Module' by J. L. Hodgson
- 'Full Cycle' by B. E. Martin
- London Electric Railways: Extensions, (No. III), p 266 - p 269 (Illustrated)
- Models and Analogies for Demonstrating Electrical Principles, (No. V), p 273 - p 274 (Illustrated)
- Obituary, p 281
- Sixty Years Ago, p 288
- South African Engineerings Notes, p 289
- Railway Electrification
- Municipal Lighting Activities
- Fourth Gold Record
- Oil Ousting S.A. Coal - MS Carnarvon Castle
- The High-Pressure Turbine Steamer SS King George V, (No. I), p 270 - p 273 (Illustrated)
- The Institute of Metals, (No. I), p 274
- The Wireless Exhibition, p 282 - p 283 (Illustrated)
- The World Power Conference at Basle, (No. I), p 283 - p 284
Sources of Information