British Industrial History
The Engineer 1926/07/16
From Graces Guide
1926 July 16th PDF
- A Seven-Day Journal, 53
- U.S. Naval Magazine Explosion
- Disposal of Surplus Warships
- Waterworks Extensions at Plymouth
- Wireless Exhibitions
- The Construction of Danger Buildings
- Sir W. G. Armstrong, Whitworth and Co
- A New Type of Oil Tanker
- Extensions at the Barking Power Station
- The Status of Naval Engineer Officers
- British Patents, p 77 (Illustrated)
- R. Haddan - High-compression engines.
- Felten and Guilleaume(Germany) - An improved pressure-resisting casing for the accommodation of the coils for submarine cables.
- Dr Heinrich Koneman (Germany) - Method of converting electrical into acoustic energy without inertia
- W. Hulsebos (Holland) - Bearings.
- Boving and Co - Hydraulic air-inspiring plants.
- G. H. Aktiengesellschaft (Germany) - Preserving wood by impregnation.
- Dubilier Condenser Co (1925) - Improvements in and relating to electrical resistance devices and method of making same.
- G. M. Wright and R. N. Vyvyan - Improvements in and relating to the reception of pictures in copying-telegraphy and television.
- G. E. Heyl - Cement and lime burning.
- E. Kempter and Sons and W. Hoyle - Cleaning the machine wire of paper-making machines.
- Contracts, p.78
- Death, p 65
- Editorial, p 65 - p 66
- Man and Machines
- The Legibility of Power Station Instruments
- Electrically Operated Refrigerators, p 62
- French Engineering Notes, p 77
- The Franc and Trade
- The Alsace Canal
- Rail Union
- The Old Suspension Bridge
- Tin plates
- The Dockers' Strikes
- Inland Navigation and Water Power Exhibition at Basle, p 57 - p 58
- Launches and Trial Trips, p 75
- Moffat Railway Tunnel, U.S.A., (No.III), p 54 - p 56 and p 64 (Illustrated)
- Tunnelling in Bad Material
- Tunnel Enlargement
- Bottom Side Heading Method
- Special Roof-supporting Devices
- Cantilever Support for Roof
- Electric Supply, Haulage and Ventilation
- Surveys and Cross-sectioning
- Progress of Work
- New Coal Handling Plant at Beckton, p 69 - p 71 (Illustrated)
- A New Phase Advancer, p 71 (Illustrated)
- Obituary, p 71
- Oil Fuel Apparatus for Steam Boilers, p 62 (Illustrated)
- Production and the Production Engineer, (No.II), p 56 - p 57 (Illustrated)
- Keeping the promise
- Organisation of the Production Department
- 1926 Royal Agricultural Show at Reading, (No. II) p 58 - p 62 (Illustrated)
- Sixty Years Ago, p 62
- South African Engineering Notes, p 72 - p 73
- Newcastle Blast-furnace in Operation
- The Leeds Tercentenary, p 71 - p 72
- The Quarter's Shipbuilding, p 62 (Illustrated)
- The Timbering of Trenches, Shafts and Tunnels, (No. I), p 67 - p 69 (Illustrated)
Sources of Information